Friday, November 21, 2008

On one not-so-particular day

I sat there today, in the cafeteria, affectionately known as the "fluh." Yes, I sat there. I often eat alone, not that I mind. Today was no different, except that it was so... peaceful. I sat there in a booth, getting smelly because the stench of onions and whatever else they cook permeates every item of fabric present, and watched the snow fall down. They recently hung lights in the floor-to-ceiling windows, the icicle kind. It felt like Christmas... or at least the way I picture a Christmas day. I wanted to sit there forever. No one understands why I like the snow. Yeah, it gets grey and ugly. And yeah, it can cause major road problems. And oh yeah, it can freeze your car to the ground... but it's beautiful! And after it falls, before all the trucks start clearing up the mess of things, it's so quiet. Come on now, you can't help but smile, can you?

3 comments:

Greggy said...

I understand why you like snow. What I have trouble understanding is why some people don't.

TimmiT said...

I agree with Greg.

BlackpoolLights said...

Kinda upset that you didn't mention the yellow snow.