Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"I got the the blues!"

I think I have something like the Election Blues... like all the life has been sucked out of me. Really, I feel so worn out trying to fake a smile when people tell me about how happy they are that Obama won. It makes me so sad to know that they are completely oblivious to the real issues at hand. My public speaking professor was telling us about one of polls she heard about on why people voted for Obama. Roughly 70% said one of the key factors was age. Age! Really?! Right so... let's forget about our nation potentially turning communist, and let's look at what age we would like our president to be. "Oh he's so cool, he listens to music like us! Ha, sweet, man!" I just want to yell at the top of my lungs, SHUT THE FRICK UP! "Guys, we made history today. We voted the first black president into office! Let's hope he does ok." Seriously?! Seriously. Can I please, please smack someone?? Our constitution is about the be thrown out the window... and all people care about is the kind of music he listens to and that his kids are so cute?! GAH! What is this world coming to?

"I know I haven't spent a lot of time learning the ways of Washington. But I've been there long enough to know that the ways of Washington must change," Obama told thousands of cheering supporters as he announced his presidential campaign in February 2007.
http://elections.foxnews.com/candidate/barack-obama/


Hahahaha! Sound fishy? Hmm...

1 comment:

BlackpoolLights said...

I think the answer you may be looking for is "An end."