Monday, November 17, 2008

A Drop From My Eye

Tears.
They're funny things. I wish I understood how they worked.
How do they know when you're feeling blue?
We know when we're upset because... well, because there are tears.
Crying brings peace, usually. If only for a little while.
Why is that? Why do we need to cry? Why do the tears flow?
It's an awful experience... and leaves you fully exhausted.
So why does it feel good sometimes to let the tears roll over our cheeks and spill onto our shirts... or pillows?
I hate holding it in. I feel like I'm exposing too much of myself if I show my tears.
Only God knows the tears... my tears.
He knows what each one was for... and He heard every hurt and angry word I ever said in the midst of the liquid coming out of my eyes.
That terrifies me.
No one should know the tears.
They're funny things.

No comments: