Thursday, January 21, 2010

So much more than I deserve

I feel like writing a bit this evening, so here goes.

My life, as frustrating as it seems to me, is blessed. I realized this while out to lunch with my coworkers, compliments of my incredible boss. First of all, I don't think I could be employed by a better person. Second, they all grew up catholic... but have recently come face to face with the reality of who God is, thank the Lord! My boss looked at me as the conversation ended and said, "You've got a pretty good life, Bec." I do, I really do. Being more thankful is on my to-do list this year.

So how am I blessed? The list could go on for an eternity. It will, too! I'll be blessed til I die and beyond... how exciting! Let's see... here on this earth, I have an entire family who desires Jesus Christ and has accepted the gift of His sacrifice and salvation. I have a "family-family," as I call them, who have been the truest friends and the most loving people ever. I've recently found myself a guy who, quite honestly, is more than I ever thought I'd deserve to have. I had asked the Lord to bring someone to me who cares about Him more than me... and here he is. As I mentioned above, I have a great job as a CA (chiropractic assistant). I get to guide the youth of our church in their discovery and love of Christ... frustrating, but worth it. I have the ability to dance. Without it, I think I'd explode. I can't explain how incredible it is to be able to get everything out of me without saying a word. I love that dance is a release! God created a good thing there.

I won't bore you with more of my life, but as you can see, I am indeed blessed. I can't get over it. I noticed a few days ago that I've been complaining a lot; just little things, but complaints all the same. How can I complain about life when there is that much goodness given to me by my Savior? So. I've decided to be thankful and joyful and quit my belly-achin'. Hold me to it, guys. Hold me to it.

2 comments:

Christen Gale said...

Dominick and I just read something about complaining....Philippians 2:12-18. I think you should read it.

Becca Joy said...

Yep, this is what triggered the complaining thing :-P We're going through Philippians at youth group and read that Wednesday night. Thanks though, it's cool to know we're reading the same things!