Monday, February 1, 2010

Why won't it come out?!?!?

I want to write so badly, but nothing is coming out. Grr. I would dance instead, but at a time like this (10:30pm), that isn't so considerate... I live with a few people. I guess I could bounce around on the floor with my music turned up since they have to love me no matter what, but uh, I think I'll refrain.

Hmm I miss dancing. I think I'll type out something I wrote for my dance ed class.

Dance, to me, is a form of expression. Through it, I am able to use all senses and any form of communication I desire to represent what I am feeling. It involves as much skill as it does passion. Dance is an art form, a science, an equation... Dance is beauty. There is something so organic about using the body and heart together to present something from within to any onlooker. It teaches, absorbs, reflects, changes, simplifies... Dance, to me, is the most natural thing I could ever do. Without it, I would burst. Sometimes you just need a way to get it all out.

"Dance is the only art form wherein we, ourselves, are the stuff of which it is made."
-Havelock Ellis





No comments: