Thursday, October 30, 2008

On Standby

I feel so frustrated with life. So I thought I would come on here and just vent my thoughts. But when I sat down to start typing, I was blank. Absolutely, positively, 100% B-L-A-N-K. Ever get that feeling? You're just bogged down with all this stress in your life, but there just isn't a way to process any of it? So you sit there... like a doll... just watching tv or reading a book. Or staring at a wall; I do that on occasion. I think it's like shut-down mode. Or maybe standby. Everything shuts off to save energy. I usually get this way right before I have a good cry. The thing is, I don't want to cry. Sure, crying makes you feel tons better, but it doesn't solve any problems. I need the problems solved... now. And since I know I won't get that instant gratification, I'm in standby mode. Well... I guess another word for it would be laziness.

1 comment:

Bethany Streng said...

i think "stand by" is a good way to phrase it. its sucky to be in that place where you're so stressed that you can't even vent. maybe you should try free association or something! just start writing and go with it. who cares if it makes sense or not. its "word vomit" as i like to call it:-) hang in there, chica. you'll figure it out.