Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An update

I realized that I haven't taken the time to write about life lately. It's all been poetry and nonsense, really (which, by the way, I would still like your thoughts on).

Lately life has been... exciting! The love of Christ is so abundant, it's ridiculous! I have had the pure pleasure of experiencing Him in a million new ways. I'd like to encourage you to make the decision to see God in everything; it will open your eyes to the beauty and glory of the Lord.

ESU has been good for me. I'm definitely not doing as well in school as I would like, but by the grace of God, I'm passing. I find myself praying before each test for an "increase in memory," because clearly I can't even begin to take the test on my own. Three more semesters to go! And then comes the thought of grad school... yes? no? I'd like to think I'll have the option of starting a family by then. Hmm, we'll see.

My old Subaru (Westley, as I like to call him) has deceased. I will miss him dearly, I think. Although he was getting a bit too vocal for my liking. Cars should stay quiet...

Youth group. What a whirlwind. Christen and I had started up our church's youth group again in the beginning of the summer. We had so many kids without connection to each other or to God, so what else were we supposed to do?! I love it though! Those kids, whatever kind of crazy mood they're in, are so special and capable of awesome things. It's scary to think that I have some kind of influence in their lives; that the things I say could alter their opinion of the Lord and of life. God help me, I want to be a light to those kids.

To end this informative post, please read the following... and then read it again and again so you've got it memorized. Repeat it to yourself daily. It's what I live by.

"Be joyful always. Pray continually. Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

1 comment:

Brooke Fontoura said...

I'm so happy for you, Beccster Becca Cakes. You're inspirational to me. Truly :)