Sunday, December 6, 2009

Light will definitely do that

Reduced, lowered to isolation almost.
It's so real, hardly tangible,
And boy, that frustrates me.

Someone is holding me,
Keeping me from grabbing it.
Please, please let me latch on!
Forever.

See, it's necessary...
Like the breath that needs to pass through my body.
I'm drowning in my own darkness.
If this is self-induced,
Then I guess I'm not alone in it.

There is one more;
Yes, actually, there is.
The one holding me back isn't tangible either,
But he's so real.
Again, hardly tangible.
He's got smothering breath though.

You know the smile?
The one that peeks through your lips
When you open the blinds in the morning
And you're greeted by a sunny day?
It amazes me.
Yes, I'm amazed by the power of light.
Light will definitely do that.

The tight grip he has on my ankle...
Well, thankfully the light has power.
I smile when the light bursts through.
He looks up and shivers.
Sometimes I wonder why.
It's so warm!
I can now slowly crawl toward the very real.
I love the sun.

No comments: