Friday, December 25, 2009

To fiercely love with a heavy heart

I'm sad today
I'm sad that He is pure and perfect
And I'm not

For Him
I long to be pure for Him
But I'm already stained

He does wash the sin away
But I am still
Oh, so filthy

I'm afraid
Afraid to look on His face one day
I long for it and fear it at the same time
It will be hard to look into His eyes
And feel worthy

I'm feeling sad today
Sad that I've disappointed others after Him
Almost like a painted face
I've created a mask of good intention
And loveliness

I'm not lovely
I'm just as dirty as a murderer
Or a sex offender
Well, that puts it in perspective

But He came into this world
To seek and save the lost
Veiled in flesh
He grew up to take my place
To make me like snow

I love Him
Fiercely, and it hurts
It hurts because I can't ever love Him
As He loves me
Perfectly, in purity