Sunday, September 26, 2010

The only thing in which we find freedom cannot be held

I feel trapped
Trapped by this world
Trapped by government
And choices
Trapped by rights
Trapped by people
By friends
By family
By children
By adults
By everyone

Trapped by expenses
Trapped by peers
Trapped by employment
Trapped by fears
Trapped by lies
Trapped by truth
Trapped by love
Yes, by love

I feel trapped by my clothes
And my hair
And my shoes
Trapped by ideas
And thoughts
And booze

Trapped by hunger
Trapped by pain
Trapped by weather
Again

We're trapped
But we try to be free
We're trapped
That's the way it will be
Until
Until you find that grace
Yes, there is a grace
That wipes the big glob of dirt off your face
And then there's a hand that's covered in slime
His hand is dirty now, not mine

"You really are free"
He says to me
So why can't I take Him seriously?
I have a hopeless feeling, I guess
I won't be free
Truly free
Until in heaven I rest

His Spirit is within me
And even that
Even that thought
Sometimes makes me feel it
What do I feel?

No comments: